Thursday, December 07, 2006

I think we need to take a break...

Althought I'm not dating anyone, there are a lot of people which I feel like saying the above too. Friends, co-workers (and sometimes my parents). Even if it's what I'd *like* to say, I usually just take a break from someone by slowly breaking off all contact, many myself inaccessible and busy all.the.time. Actually, I'm doing this with a few people right now but they probably have no idea. (no worries, out of the 4 of you that read this blog - I'm not avoiding any of yous).

Perhaps this could be interpreted as passive-aggresive behaviour. Maybe it is. But what it allows me to do is calm down about what I view to be bad behaviour/insulting/bad manners on their part. A "break" from someone allows you to take time to recognise if you still want them around, and if their behaviour was excusable or if they will suck out your soul if you let them stick around. (maybe "break your spirit" is a better way to describe it).

Sometimes you have inadvertent breaks from people bc of distance, work, school etc. Taking a break from someone can also (if you can) avoid an unnecessary screaming match and/or cat fight. Hmm... now why was I going on about this?

Right. So people change (actually I have seen a few people I thought I knew morph into something rahter unpleasant) so wondering if you want to be friends with the new and improved Dick and Jane is pretty normal. I'm guessing people do it to me ALL THE TIME.

Now I am busy... avoiding people.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vim Vimma said...

I completely relate to this post. I never understood the term "break" in a relationship but I've come to realize that it's necessary and sometimes, it happens unconsciously. Distance is important because it helps to ease transitions and allows time for accepting changes. Never let yourself feel guilty for giving yourself and the other person(s) space : ) We all need it.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home