Saturday, November 18, 2006

Jealousy...
For me, it's a toxic feeling that overcomes me and I can't control. It brings out the worst in me, and I hate myself for it.
Is it a vice? Why yes.
I try not to covet that which belongs to others, or what others posess (atleast most of the time). I am usually never jealous while in a relationship but I am terribly jealous afterward... and many of those who I know who aren't jealous afterwards don't have a good imagination (haha, kidding), didn't really care or moved on pretty damn fast!
Then again, I think it is somewhat normal to feel jealous for a short period after the end of a relationship/whateverness that was never titled! So that means that you are allowed to be rightly pissed if they show a lack of respect to you by hooking up with someone else shortly after you kicked them/they kicked you to the curb. Or one of your friends thinks that it is their turn.

Anyway, this was brought on by a post by smallfat that made think about it.

As for other things that I am jealous of : success. Mostly in a professional and academic sense. But that, is a lot harder to pin point and compare, so I'm not even going to bother.

3 Comments:

Blogger Smallfat said...

it's funny, but i think that the worst kind of jealousy is the kind that is unreasonable.

when you are pissed off about a lack of respect, that makes sense. you can justify it, and give yourself time to grieve and heal.

when you randomly are jealous because someone you arent even really interested in is expressing an interest in someone else, and you start thinking "i wish he was flirting with ME".. that's when it gets scary.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Vim Vimma said...

baaahhh, I think I was born to be jealous in every sense. Is it ok to be mildly happy for that person as well? Because I usually am but the jealousy is like glue that sticks onto me until someone grabs and pulls me back to reality. I've only experienced one serious case of jealousy and it was enough to scare me (and others). What an eye-opener. Jealousy and guilt - 2 of the shittiest, long-lasting feelings.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Smallfat said...

the third being regret..

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home