Tuesday, October 17, 2006

capentry for beginners and a bad date

Monday night was rather eventful. SO eventful that I already thought it was Wednesday already.

As an umemployed person I decided to pursue other goals i have had lingering in my mind for quite some time. One of these was to follow's JC's steps and learn about carpentry. Starting yesterday and continuing for the next 9 weeks, on Mondays from 6:30 - 9:30 I will be participating in a woodworking for beginners class. My first project : a shoe rack. No joke.

I also managed to go on a date after said class. I really know how to pick 'em y'all. Mind you, this dude picked ME. I was out having drinks with Shrad at Milestones and he was our waiter. He didn't look 32 when he asked for my number and gave me his. He didn't look like a failed comic, or something who ran away at 17 to hitchhike in California. He didn't look like someone who was in LA during the Rodney King riots, or someone who had gone to their first concert two weeks ago. OR someone who, at 18, went to the Czech Repuclic without a visa and was subsiquently spend 3 months in a small German town because he had run out of money (after being kicked off the train to Prague). Oh, and he is in his 2nd year of university. He is also an "author"
Some girls might find that attrative that he followed his wanderlust and travelled so much. I wasn't one of those girls. I thought he was an absolute idiot. And if anyone hasn't noticed I appreciate those around me to be relatively ambitious and smart people. This guy wasn't one of them. And for someone who was a "comic" for 4 years, he wasn't even funny. I'm funnier than this guy.
The best part was when he dropped me off at St. Clair Station and i dodged his failed attempt at a kiss. I left him with a "sure, you can call me" and walked into the station. There I was met by two punks (late teens?) who started to laugh their heads off.
Me: Why you laughing?
Punks: Dude, that was straight out of blind date!! His face FELL when you didn't kiss him!!!
Me: Oh yeah?
Punks: Were you on a blind date?
Me: Pretty much, he was my waiter a little while ago.
Punks: So, you going to go out with him again?
I made the thumbs down sign and we all laughed.
After a rather dismal two hours those punks at St Clair really made my night!!


I love bad dates, they make such great stories!

2 Comments:

Blogger Smallfat said...

hahahahaha... oh wow... I cant wait to hear this story in person tomorrow!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Vim Vimma said...

hahaha that was wonderfully written!

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home