Tuesday, November 07, 2006

self induced AA

I went out Saturday night and I had fun, but there were a few things that made me miss living close to the bars, and going to bars with people my own age (ie I am going to pass on another other evening where the festivities are at a 25+ club, bc drunks guys of all ages are lame!)

For those of you who know me well, I like to drink at times, but I hate the idea of getting completely plastered until you have a deadly hangover the next morning. I refuse to glump down expensive and exquisite martinis, it's like going to North 44 just to eat your dinner standing up in less than 5 minutes. Really good martinis should be enjoyed, not slurped up in an attempt to consume as much booze as possible. If that is your aim, just get straight shorts of vodka, it's cheaper and faster.

The reason for my martini rant is due to my viewing too many people do just that in the name of getting drunk. My response was to retaliate by not drinking excessively, and strangely I was criticised for doing just that. Supposidly I wasn't being "crazy" enough or whatever. I was tired and wanted to have enough wits to push away dim witted fools try to put their tongues down my throat. (yes, it did happen, and i asked him if he wanted a piece of gum because he had really bad breath)

What is so wrong about wanting to go (somewhat) sober?
I don't get it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Smallfat said...

i totally can empathize with this.

while i am a big fan of getting good and drunk, and the fun that ensues, i think that it is spoiled if it ends in a puking, hungover disaster.

...

it occurs to me that you and i have never actually partied or gotten drunk together. odd, no?

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home