Tuesday, April 18, 2006

wake me up when september comes? or not.

Here is what I am not looking forward to once I graduate: la rentree. That week in September when all everyone talks about is going back to school, all the ads on tv are about school supplies and there are signs everywhere that read "going back to school (sale)".
For the first time since I was 3, I will no longer be part of that demographic.
There will be no need to buy virgin notebooks, unused pens and convince myself that 'this year' I will do better, I will be more organised, I will be as smart on paper as I look.
This will summer, will most probably be my last "summer holiday", unless I eventually become a teacher or go live in Europe and indulge in a yearly 7 week vacation.
In September I will get a brisk kick in the ass from reality. What could be more unsettling than breaking with 18 years of the same routine?
I think I'll only realise in September that now I have to somehow be an adult, or atleast responsible, achieve something. Atleast before my 5 year high school reunion the next spring.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vim Vimma said...

Woman, your blog are getting better and better. Keep entertaining us! I really enjoyed the past few entries :)

7:45 PM  
Blogger Mlle C said...

thanks vim!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Alykhan Velshi said...

It gets worse, imho. At least, during the transition from middle school to high school, and high school to unversity, you sort of knew what you'd be doing. Now, you don't. You're totally free, with the next 10 years probably determining the subsequent 40. It's very scary.

I agree with vimla, your blog is awesome. It's amazing how much you learn about a person through readingwhat they write.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home