Sunday, April 16, 2006

Growing up...

So I'm at home for the easter weekend...

It's Easter Sunday, so this morning we all went to church.

Now it's almost 330pm and I'm at home alone supposed to be doing school work. Yup, I have an essay due tomorrow.

Ok. not the point of why I am writtin this...
So a while ago I asked my mom why she never bought cd's or really listened to music. Being my mother she gave me a curious response - that she hated listening to music once it was outdated because she attached too many memories to certain songs and that is precisely why she hates music from the 70s. Alright, so we all attach music and memories, but to the point of avoiding certain types of music and saying that CDs are a waste of money?

I picked up an old CD (The Strokes' 2002 This is it) because my newer ones are all back in Kingston.
I haven't listened to this cd in so long.. I mean a really long time, so I have no idea what made me want to put it in the CD player. And my reaction is almost as emotional as my mother's... well atleast for the first song. This CD reminds me of the end of high school. Last term at TFS actually.. of what I did then, my friends and what we did and other things ofcourse. And now here I am, at the end of university... things have changed but not nearly as much as I thought they would. Here I am again, listening to the same CD in my parents house - thinking of what I will do when I grow up, thinking of boys, of school...
I strangely remember being so hopeful back then. About what I'm not so sure, perhaps for change, for life.

Unlike my mother I kind of like this. my very own retro flashback. to 2002, which really wasn't so long ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home