Wednesday, April 12, 2006

In Hiding

I found a place to study where I don't know a soul.
The basement of the Medical sciences library isn't the most comfortable place to study but it is well secluded and damn quiet.
This is my method to not fail my exam on Saturday (Math). I failed it in second year and am now having to do it again. I am not so ashamed of failing as I am ashamed for not having put in enough time this year to get a good mark. I'm borderline again... aaah! why do I do this to myself?

-------

The people are quite differnt here in the medical sciences library. So far, I am rather fond of all of them. They don't stop and chat for 20 mins and in general people are quiet.
The other interesting aspect is that the library is attached to the Hospital building (or atleast one of them). So during my lunch break today I met a very pleasant woman who works for Roche.. we discussed getting a job after grad and how to find a balanced way of life... At 30 she seemed relatively happy with the state of things and she still looked good (pretty, put together etc..) and I almost wondered outloud how I'd be doing once I reached her stage in life (I resisted saying 30) - and she told me to do everything that I wanted to do now and so I wouldn;t regret anything once I reached her age, and then she said 30. And then she opened up to mea bout what she regreted having not done...
And then I went back to study math.
Like I should now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vim Vimma said...

Got to respect true nerdism. *salute

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home