Saturday, January 06, 2007

i wish i was a rockstar

I started work a few days ago.
Or perhaps the right thing to say is "I started working again last week after a period of leisure".

And within the past 4 days I have worked enough to remember why working hard breeds general lassitude in the masses; about their views towards the state of the world in general. It's because by the time you're done, you're so fucking tired that all you care about is having something to eat, taking off your work clothes and watching something on TV.Then sleep. And repeat.
A comfortable routine kills a general desire "to stick it to the man" or "fight the power".
Or atleast that is the way I view life after 4 days of work.

Does having too much money numb your desire to break free of the system?

No wonder ppl in the arts are underpaid.
Artists could never fund a revolution.

.......

The new job has also made me realise that I am terrified of getting stuck in a job for which I am grossly overqualified.

... how did I only get accepted to something for which I am overqualified? how did that happen? and how did my life suddenly get so boring? what happenned?

3 Comments:

Blogger Smallfat said...

i can totally relate to that feeling. i am entirely understimulated in my job, and yet also overworked to the point where i am too exhausted to even think about what i actually want out of life, much less actually go out in pursuit of it.

the steady income is pretty nice as well.. and another deterrent from going out there to "find myself"

i really need to find myself a sugar daddy.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Mlle C said...

i know you're (kind of) kidding about the sugar daddy thing, and as appealing as the idea of a sugar daddy is... I think that it's the worst thing that could happen to any of us at this point.
It's just something else to make us feel too comfortable in our current situations, and might deter us from actually doing something that is good for us instead of what is easy.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Vim Vimma said...

HOLLAAAAAAAA! Here, here, sister!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home