Tuesday, July 18, 2006

MOOOOOONNNNNNNEEEEEYYY

I got my first paycheque today! It is so exciting! My boss even personally delievered it to my office!!!
Plus, it's un gros montant because it is half of my overall pay.

My boss (manager of the education division here), didn't just hand me a few thousand dollars, but also complimented my work and my project. whew! i hope I didn't blush.

But reality still did manage to slap me across the face today:
I was talking to another collegue about future work plans and she said I was tres gaté to have a paid internship right out of university, and not to expect anything more than 30-35,000 a year for my first six working years. EEk! My family could spend that much on a two week vacation (we almost did this year). She kept saying that it was like that everywhere else except at the National Gallery... she made me want to steal her job! Why can't I just stay on here for a while?

My co workers have created one of the most positive work environments that I've ever had the chance to experience. Or maybe they are just being nice to me because I am the rookie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vim Vimma said...

I am so proud and happy for you! Congrats and keep up the excellent work.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home